Ryan Macalandag. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Travel: Danao Adventure August 2007

Danao Eco-Adventure Tours
Magtangtang, Danao, Bohol



Our Danao Adventure trip was really special to me for a host of reasons. Top three reasons are:

  1. August 26, wedding anniversary
  2. my dad is from Danao
  3. we were with the "shiny happy people" gang
Reg and I got married last August 26, 2006. Since then, our life has truly been blessed. I will not say we didn't have our share of tears but the sad moments are overwhelmed by the happiness and love that we've shared together with friends and families. As a couple, we always count our blessings. We always pray there is more to come.

My dad, is from Cabatuan, Danao, Bohol. He spent his childhood roaming the jungles and woods, the rivers and caves, the simple beauty of what Danao was before. Now, we are enjoying the town in a whole new level. The long foot trails that my dad used to walk during moonless nights singing haranas to ladies in other barrios are now replaced with tire tracks of trucks, multicabs and habal-habals. We are spared from the 15-kilometer hike from the poblacion to the barrio, for sure.








And of course, without the "shiny happy people" we were with, the trip won't be crazy. Here's the list:
  1. Ryan (me)
  2. Reg
  3. Kinz
  4. John
  5. Weng
  6. Liza
  7. Joyce
  8. Jijaw
  9. Jeff
  10. Tuff
  11. Miriam
We were the wickidest and craziest fun-loving, thrill-seeking, tanduay-drinking group out there. It was hella fun.









(More of this set, here.)
_________________________________
Photos by Ryan Macalandag
Gear: Nikon D80, SB-600
Copyright ©2007 All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. arrgh! this is a mistake. why did i click on your site?????arrgh!
    but no! correction, you got marries in 2006,not 2007! my gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pics! You captured it very well. Oh yeah,I could tell coz I've been there!

    my mom is from Danao too! heheheh!

    How I wish I could visit Danao before I left!

    ReplyDelete