Ryan Macalandag. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Glimpses of My Father's Barrio

Photography by Ryan Macalandag

These are some of the images I took when I last went home to this little barrio in the mountains of Danao, Bohol, Philippines. My father is from here and he was speaking at the elementary school's graduation ceremonies when we went.

Glimpses - Barrio Cabatuan

Glimpses - Barrio Cabatuan

First thing you can really notice when coming here are the kids running around playing. My earliest recollection of my first visit was when we went into this little barrio through a curvy, swervy, narrow heckuva road and out of nowhere pops out this little place crawling with children. The little critters were following the pick-up truck we were on. They didn't see motorized vehicles too often during those times.

Glimpses - Barrio Cabatuan

That's my pop in the middle of the huddle with our lunch of fresh water crabs and shrimp.

Glimpses - Barrio Cabatuan

Me with a few of my cousins.

Glimpses - Barrio Cabatuan

1 comment:

  1. Interesting photography sense which you have shared within this posting by the different kind of approaching the photo effects. Thanks a lot for these useful share. Candid Wedding Photographers | Couple Photoshoot In Coimbatore | Wedding Photographers in Tamilnadu

    ReplyDelete