Ryan Macalandag. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Travel: Manila Trip 2007

The Malayan, Ortigas Center, Metro Manila

Ortigas Skyline at Night 2 copy

I barely noticed the day passing through while I was struggling to manage the busy streets of Manila. I arrived at about 10:00 in the morning but went directly to business and visited the store where I was to buy some Cactus V2 RF trigger sets. Reg, my wife, (who was the reason really for my visit, they were having their Christmas party) was to arrive still later around noon.

First thing you really notice is the traffic. So I was in a numb mode and tried to shut myself from the confusion. The city is really not for me.

So as soon as the sun eased itself into the horizon, and we were already at our hotel (The Malayan in Ortigas, posh), had I stopped and opened my senses again to greet the beautiful backdrop of a sunset with the city's skyline as the foreground.

Ortigas Skyline at Night

Magnificent. Now if only I had known the number of the hotel spa, a massage would have been lovelier.

So the sun set, and we were off to the party later that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment