Ryan Macalandag. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Photobin: Macro Fever

Macro Photography by Ryan Macalandag
Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines

Nikkor 60mm 2.8 micro-9

I got bit by the "macro bug". Thanks to Ryan Li, I now own a Nikon 60mm f/2.8D micro which is really a nifty lens for those micro sized subjects I have around the house.

It also has a 1:1 magnification which means that I can approach and shoot any object (moving or not moving) and frame it 100% on the image as I saw on screen. Or "...meaning the image on the film is the same size as the object being photographed" from wikipedia. Got it? Yep, me too.

Anyways, so I can go near and shoot really small objects. Objects such as these:

Nikkor 60mm 2.8 micro-8

Nikkor 60mm 2.8 micro-6

Nikkor 60mm 2.8 micro-3

Nikkor 60mm 2.8 micro

Nikkor 60mm 2.8 micro-3

Nikkor 60mm 2.8 micro-13

So cool, right? Right. Anyways, these are half-decent samples as of yet. I will be learning and shooting more macro in the next few weeks. There'll be a lot to learn. I have all the eagerness to do so.

(For more of this set, click here.)

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean I should get rid of my Brownie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. for that, i need to be photographed in that new cammie!!!

    weheheheh!

    ReplyDelete